CSEM manages personal data in conformity with Swiss and EU data protection laws. If you have any questions or comments regarding your personal data or data privacy at CSEM, please contact us at:
CSEM Centre Suisse d’Electronique et de Microtechnique SA
Rue Jaquet Droz 1
Phone: +41 32 720 5111
Data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data do we collect from you?
We collect personal data that you provide to us in connection with our scientific or professional relationship, or via your use of our websites, e.g. by filling out a contact form, registering for an event, subscribing to our newsletter or marketing/corporate publications, or requesting information.
How long is your data retained?
Your data will be retained as long as necessary to maintain our scientific or professional relationship, or until you withdraw your consent for future processing.
For which purposes do we process your personal data?
As required by Swiss data protection laws and European regulations, we do not collect more data than necessary. We process information and personal data relating to you, as part of our professional contact, based on our legitimate interest in managing our existing or prospective scientific or professional relationship, or based on your consent when you voluntarily provide us with your personal data with the intention of receiving specific information:
- If you provide us with personal data (for example your name, workplace, postal or e-mail address) in the context of an existing scientific or professional relationship, a subscription to receive our marketing information (such as our newsletter or press releases), or a registration for an event, we will use your data for these purposes only. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time through the link provided in our newsletter or information campaigns.
- If you reach out to us through our contact form or by email to email@example.com , your name, e-mail-address, telephone number, workplace, professional role, preferences, etc. that have been provided will be used only to the extent necessary to provide you with answers, information or any service requested. Any personal data collected at this stage is for internal use only and will not be shared with third parties.
- If you use our eRecruiting service, you agree that the data you provide to us is stored and processed in accordance with the specific privacy notice dedicated to our eRecruiting services information [ eRecruiting Privacy Notice ].
Where your data is stored
Your data are hosted in Switzerland, on CSEM’s internal servers and/or on Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Swiss data centers. We provide access to our internal servers to our IT/IS subcontractors, Uditis SA and Saphir Consulting Sàrl, both located in Switzerland. Unless stated otherwise below, your personal information will not be shared with any other organization – commercial or otherwise.
- When registering for an event, you understand and agree that, in some cases, we may use external service providers located in Switzerland or the EU (for example to host and process your data for the management of the respective event). CSEM may share registrant information with third parties co-organizers in association with the event – in such case these co-organizers are clearly mentioned on the dedicated web page.
Using the Microscoft Dynamics platform
We use a third-party provider, Dynamics 365 CRM database (Dynamics 365 Sales and Dynamics 365 Marketing), to deliver our e-newsletters, to manage registrations to our events or for email marketing or communication campaigns (about our event, press releases, services, etc). We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter or information campaigns.
You can read more about Microsoft’s commitment and compliance to data privacy and security in their online trust center .
In compliance with Swiss law and EU regulations concerning privacy protection, you have the following rights concerning the processing of your personal data:
- Right to rectification: Ask for your information to be updated or corrected.
- Right to be forgotten: Request that your personal data be permanently deleted.
- Right to data portability: Receive a copy of the information which you have provided under contract so that you can provide that information to another organization.
- Right to object: Objecting to use of your information.
- Right of access: Find out what kind of personal information is held about you and get a copy of this information.
- Right to restrict use: Ask for your personal information to stop being used in certain cases, in particular if you believe that information about you is incorrect or its use is unlawful.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to exercise any such rights.
If you believe that our processing of your personal data is violating data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority. In Switzerland : ( Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner ) Feldeggweg 1 CH-3003 Berne (Tel: +41 (0)58 462 43 95).
Links to other websites
Use of our online services
Information collected during registration or submission is protected using industry-standard encryption technology (https) as it is sent over the Internet.
Photographs and/or film footage taken at events organized by CSEM
When registering for an event organized by CSEM, you understand that photography, audio- and video recording may occur and consent to their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or/and other purposes by CSEM.
You release CSEM, its officers, and employees, and all persons involved from any form of liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
If you would prefer that your picture and/or video not be used in any of the above-described ways, please reach out to CSEM at email@example.com .Any requests for destruction of pictures or videos already published may be granted whenever possible. However, pictures or videos of you will immediately not be used in any future publications.
Latest update: November 25th, 2022.